September 12, 2011
- Wash your face daily. The most common thing a person with acne should do is wash their face regularly. It is important to wash your face with a cleansing product once or twice a day in order to remove any sweat or dirt which has accumulated on your skin. Always rinse your face thoroughly to ensure no cleanser is left on your face.
- Keep your hair clean and off your face. A person’s hair can become oily after a couple of days therefore it is important to wash it often to ensure that no oil is running down your face causing your face to break out. Wash your hair and keep it as clean as possible and off your face. Hair products such as mouse or gel often clog your pores therefore don’t let your treated hair fall on your face.
- Stop touching your acne. A common thing people with acne do is touch their pimples or blemishes; this is very tempting but should be contained. Touching your acne only causes the problem to get worse. Like your hair, your hands are not only oily but also have dirt on them which can seep into your skin causing the blemish to become infected. Attempting to pop or squeeze or pick at your pimples only irritates the skin and causes the area to become redder and even more damaged.
- Drink more water. It is important for any person to drink plenty of water but it’s even more important for a person with acne to do so. When the skin is dehydrated, dead skin cells remain on the skin blocking your pores and increasing the chances of acne. It is important to drink at least two liters of water a day in order to minimize the chance of pimples arising. As for what not to drink, you should reduce the consumption of caffeine. Caffeine increases the levels of stress hormones which aggravates your acne.
- Choose healthier foods. Increasing consumption of various fruits, nuts, and seeds in your diet can give your body the minerals and vitamins needed to prevent acne. Also, reducing the consumption of sugar and refined carbohydrates can reduce the chances of having acne. Both refined carbohydrates and sugar has been shown to increase insulin in the body which in turn increases the male hormones which makes the skin discharge large amounts of sebum which encourages bacterial growth. This bacterial growth in the body is what causes acne therefore reducing the starting ingredient which is sugar and refined carbohydrates can reduce acne.
- Reduce your intake of red meat and dairy. When your body is unable to digest or eliminate waste, it is released onto your skin causing acne. Red meat is known to be quite difficult for a person’s body to digest therefore it can later on cause acne on your skin. As for dairy products, people grow intolerant to some of these products making it rise up as acne.
- Reduce Stress. Stress is often what causes acne especially in the years that follow puberty. In order to reduce acne it is important to reduce your stress. There are different ways a person can do this but a common way to reduce stress is through exercise or through relaxation techniques. This could include yoga, meditation, Tai chi, and many others. The important thing is to choose an activity which releases your stress the best in order to reduce your acne.
- Consider taking prescription medication. There are various acne medications which you can choose from. It is important that you choose the right one in order to eliminate your acne problems. A great prescription medication which is sold at CanadaMedShop.com is called Medrol Acne lotion. This medication has two main ingredients; one which reduces the swelling and redness of your acne and the other which kills the bacteria that causes the acne. This is a great choice for people who wish to treat their acne.
- Choose probiotics. In our bodies we not only have bad bacteria but also good which helps our digestive tract work therefore antibiotics kill both the good and bad. This causes our digestive system to become unable to absorb essential vitamins and minerals. This in turn causes your body to be unable to eliminate waste which leads to the creation of acne.
- Be exposed to the sun. It is a well known fact that sunshine causes the production of vitamin D in the body which leads to healthy skin. Being outdoors in the fresh air and sunlight also reduces stress and spreads oxygen through your skin which helps prevent acne.
RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URL